I am currently writing this on national meatball day, how ironic! I love meatballs and if you are doing Whole 30, they are definitely a filling meal or snack! Tastes DELICIOUS with tomato sauce over zoodles or spaghetti squash. See my notes at the bottom of the page for Whole30 approved tomato sauces!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 8-10 minutes Serves: 4-5 (makes about a dozen meatballs)
- 1lb ground beef (I like 94/6 or 93/7)
- 1/4 of a yellow onion
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped finely
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1-2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP of parsley
- 6 TBSP of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock (Walmart has a great Whole 30 chicken stock in their Great Value)
- 3 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
- Whole 30 compliant tomato sauce (see notes for my favorites below)
- Mix chicken stock and almond flour in a bowl and set aside for a 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together so that all ingredients are even spread throughout the ground beef
- Roll meatball mixture into a 3-inch balls and set aside
- Place frying pan on the stove and set your heat to medium high
- Once the pan is hot, place the olive oil into the frying pan and place meatballs evenly around the pan. Cook for 4 minutes on one side, and then flip meatballs and let sit for another 4 minutes. At this point, they should be cooked fully, or if they are not, they should only need another minute.
- Once done, plate them with zoodles, or pasta if you are not doing Whole 30,Paleo, Keto or maybe a sandwich (there is nothing better than a meatball sandwich *heart eyes*)
Note: I have made homemade tomato sauce, but I love convenience, and I know you do too. So, my favorite Whole30 approved sauce if you are a member of Thrive Market, is the Thrive Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce. If you are not a member of Thrive Market, I have seen Monte Beno’s at Walmart and Amazon which is a Whole 30 approved tomato sauce which I enjoyed!
Note: If you wanted to, you could use 1/2 lb ground beef and 1/2 ground pork or 1/2 lb ground beef and 1/2 ground turkey. Both would be delicious!!!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!