There aren’t many things I like better than a big juicy burger! Add some BBQ sauce and bacon on that big juicy burger, and I am in heaven! This is a super quick, easy, and superb recipe that I will never get enough of!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10-15 minutes Yield: 4 burgers
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 cup of yellow onions chopped
- 4-8 pieces of Whole 30 compliant bacon (Depends on how much bacon you want to put on burger)
- 1/2-3/4 of a red onion sliced as a topping to burger
- Whole 30 BBQ Sauce (I use Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ Sauce)
- Some type of lettuce that can act as a bun (I like butter lettuce or collard greens)
- 1 TBSP Ghee
- 2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Take your chopped yellow onions and caramelize them with ghee until light brown
- Don’t clean out the pan-you will use the same pan to cook the burgers
- Make 4 patties out of ground beef and salt and pepper each patty.
- Make an indent into the burger with your thumb about 2 thumb widths both left to right and top to bottom
- Place caramelized onions equally into each of the 4 patties and then fold meat back over the onions so that it looks like there is just meat, no onions
- Place EVOO into pan and place burgers in pan and cover pan (stove should start on medium and then work your way up to medium high as the cooking progresses)
- After 5 minutes, flip burgers in pan and cover)
- While meat is cooking, wash the lettuce you are using and chop red onion
- Once you have your burgers cooked to your liking, take them out and place them on a plate
- Lay out your lettuce on a plate
- If you are making it on butter lettuce, I suggest laying the burger down, then onion, then BBQ sauce
- If you are making it a collard green, I would do the opposite so that the loose items aren’t near the openings of the collard greens
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!