Sometimes I just want creamy, savory goodness. My chicken bacon ranch spaghetti squash casserole is a triple threat. It’s creamy, it is savory, AND it’s so healthy! How is that possible you may ask? Check out the recipe below for a meal everyone will devour!
Prep Time: 40 minutes (see notes for expedited prep) Cook Time: 35 minutes Serves: 9
- •2 chicken breasts cooked
- •1/2 of large spaghetti squash (prep by taking out seeds from the middle)
- •8 strips of whole 30 bacon cooked
- •3 eggs beaten in separate bowl
- •1/2-1 cup of whole 30 ranch (I used @primalkitchenfoods ranch with avocado oil)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Ghee OR coconut oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, take out the guts, drizzle both halves with extra virgin olive oil, and place it in the oven on a lined baking sheet for 40 minutes (see notes for quicker prep)
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, cook bacon on medium high to desired crispiness on stove
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, cook chicken on medium high on stove until there is no pink
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, whisk 3 eggs together into a bowl and place off to the side
- Once squash is done, take it out of the oven, keep oven mitt on, and hold it while you scrape out the squash (see video of how to scrape out spaghetti squash below)
- Place everything into a mixing bowl (except the 3 eggs) and mix around until you feel everything is easily mixed
- Place beaten eggs into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix together
- Prep your baking dish with coconut oil or ghee (like you would do PAM or something similar)
- Place mixture into the baking dish (I used an 8×8 pan)
- Place pan into the oven on 375 for 35 minutes or until settled in the middle (place a fork or toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, it is ready)!
- Plate it out for you, your friends and family, or just you (I do not judge it is THAT good), and ENJOY!
Note: If you need your spaghetti squash cooked quicker, cut it in half and place half into a gallon ziploc bag. Cook for 3 1/2 minutes in the microwave or until soft enough to scrape. Repeat with the other half, and then your spaghetti squash is ready to go! If you have the time I would use the oven, it comes out much nicer, but I have utilized the microwave on many occasions!
Note: I used a 8×8 glass baking dish. You could use 9×9, 13×9, etc. but the bigger you go, the thinner the casserole gets!
Note: If you dislike using eggs, you can omit them. However, it won’t stay together as well. It would look more like a skillet and not a casserole.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!