Tacos are a staple in my life. I have never met a taco I did not like! If you are not following any type of diet, you can eat them however you would like! If you are following the Paleo diet, feel free to use grain-free tortillas, like Siete. But if you are following the Whole 30 diet, which is what I focus on, these are the BEST and I make them regularly!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
For the taco seasoning: for up to 2 lbs of ground beef
- 3 TBSP of chili powder
- 1 3/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional if you do not like any spiciness but it’s really not that spicy)
- 3/4 tsp of onion powder
Ingredients for Tacos:
- 1 lb of ground beef
- Taco seasoning (read above)
- Butter Lettuce (see notes at the bottom of the page for other options)
- 1 cup of green onions
- 3 cups of frozen or fresh cauliflower rice (I only use frozen because why make your life harder?)
- 1 TBSP of ghee
- 1/4 cup of thinly chopped white onions (optional)
- Raw cashews to make cashew cream (a substitute for sour cream-optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- If you have the time, soak raw cashews, soak cashews in water for 1 hour before use. If you do not have time, place 1/2-1 cup of cashews into a blender and add 1 cup of water. Blend until smooth. If it is too liquidity, add more cashews, if it is chunky, add more water. Place off to the side.
- Mix all contents of taco seasoning in a small bowl and set to the side.
- (OPTIONAL) Place 1 TBSP of ghee into pan and chopped onions into a caramelize them
- If you do not use onions, place olive oil in pan on stove on medium high, and cook ground beef through until almost no pink.
- If you do use onions, just place ground beef right into the pan with onions
- Once the meat is cooked through, add 1/4 cup of water and add taco seasoning and let simmer until water evaporates
- As the meat simmers, place cauliflower rice and ghee into the microwave and cook for 5 minutes OR place in a small frying pan and mix around until it is melted and cooked through
- I would add some salt and pepper to the cauliflower rice to add some flavor
- As the meat simmers, cut up green onions into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Wash pieces of butter lettuce, pat dry and lay them on a plate.
- Add cauliflower rice, ground beef, cashew cream, and green onions
- DIG IN!!!!!!!
Note: Some other things that would be delicious on these taco lettuce cups: guacamole, salsa, and jalapenos, or Tessemae’s Organic Mild Buffalo Sauce
Note: If you do not have butter lettuce or cannot find it, you can definitely use romaine hearts, iceberg lettuce (in big pieces), or collard greens!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!