For this recipe to be Whole 30, Paleo, or Keto, LEAVE OUT THE CORN!
This is hands down in my top 3 favorite meals ever. I cannot really describe why this is so good, it just is. I have made it time and time again for family and friends, and I swear every time it gets better and better! This chicken tortilla soup is packed with so many different flavors, it’s a sensation in every. single. bite.
I am going to be straight with you. The ingredients below may seem overwhelming and extensive but LEGIT they are not and is soooo easy to make.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Yield: 8 Servings
- 3 lbs of shredded chicken cooked (it turns out best when you cook it for 4 hours on high in crockpot…so tender)!
- 1 box of frozen chopped spinach defrosted
- 1 jar of Whole 30 compliant tomato sauce Rao’s, Monte Bene, Thrive Market
- Whole 30 compliant hot sauce (optional and to taste if you use it) Tessemae’s
- 1 box (32 oz) of Whole 30 compliant chicken broth Great Value
- Taco Seasoning (see below)
- Taco Sauce (see below)
- Cashew Cream (Optional)
- 1 1/2 TBSP of chili powder
- 7/8 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional if you do not like any spiciness but it’s really not that spicy)
- 3/8 tsp of onion powder
- 7 oz of tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 TBSP of white vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP of cumin
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (depends on personal taste)!
- Rub 3/4 of taco seasoning onto raw chicken and place in CrockPot on high for 4 hours (if you do not have the time, place in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes)
- Once the chicken is done, shred it with a fork
- Dry out defrosted frozen spinach with paper towels
- In a pot, place the jar of tomato sauce and chicken broth in a stir on medium
- Add in spinach, taco sauce, shredded chicken, rest of taco seasoning, and hot sauce into pot
- Turn the stove up to high until it boils, put a lid on it, reduce heat to med low and let simmer for 15 minutes (if you have the time, if not, just serve immediately)!
- When you are ready to serve, I suggest topping it with cashew cream and mixing it in…it will give it an incredible texture and flavor. Click here for recipe
- Cashew cream is made by blending cashews and water together and adding some salt and pepper
Note: If you are not doing Whole 30, Paleo, or Keto, feel free to add corn-it is YUMMY!
Note: If you are doing the Keto diet, feel free to add cheese; it’s a great addition.
Note: If you are doing the Paleo diet, you should get grain-free tortillas and make them crispy in a frying pan and break them up like “chips” on top of your soup!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!