Bacon. Wrapped. Scallops. Are there sexier three words than that? Eh, maybe. This known “fancy” app could also be the easiest. They take 22 minutes from start to finish and they are packed with flavor! I love that these could be an appetizer for a party or a dinner for two (like they were for me and my guy)! Check out the recipe below and be sure to leave a comment if you love them!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Yields: 18 scallops (depends on how many you buy)!
- Fresh or frozen (but thaw them first) scallops (I used these scallops and they were delicious and came in a pack of 18)
- Whole 30 compliant bacon (I used NakedBaconCo regular and jalapeno)
- 3-4 TBSP of ghee melted
- Toothpicks (soak them for at least 10 minutes before putting them in the oven)
- Preheat oven broiler on high
- If you bought frozen scallops, make sure they are defrosted completely
- Use a paper towel to dry out scallops
- Salt and pepper scallops to taste
- Cut bacon strips in half
- Wrap each scallop with bacon and stick toothpick through bacon and scallop so they stay together
- Use basting brush to brush ghee onto each bacon wrapped scallop
- Place scallops onto a lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 12 minutes
- Remove scallops from oven and brush the rest of the melted ghee on them for extra flavor
- Plate them for dinner or for a party app and ENJOY!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!