There are going to be crab cakes at my wedding in June 2020 and I am telling you they better taste half as good as these do! I went on a whim and just tried these out because I was having a craving, and boy did it pay off! These crab cakes are packed with lump crab and NO filler, just all incredibly tasty! This recipe is so simple and the whole thing with cooling time takes 30 minutes, that is it. You will impress your honey, or parents, or any guests you have with these show stoppers!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time 9-10 minutes Yield: 6 large crab cakes
- 1 lb of lump crab (I didn’t have a a fresh source so I used this brand from a can Phillips)
- 1 TBSP of melted ghee
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 2 tsp of coconut aminos
- 3 TBSP of Whole 30 compliant mayo (I used Tessemae’s)
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat broiler to high
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT for the crab and mix together
- Place crab into bowl and FOLD the crab into the mixture
- If you mix it, it will break apart the pieces of crab and it will not be as good, I promise
- Place mixture into the fridge for 10 minutes
- While you are waiting the 10 minutes, place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- While you are waiting the 10 minutes, cut up lemon into slices for garnish
- Once the mixture has chilled, scoop out equal pieces of crab mixture on your baking sheet
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for 9-10 minutes
- Take baking sheet out of the oven and let cool
- Then serve with lemon and ENJOY!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!