Meal prep, meal prep, meal prep. You may love these two words or these two words may make you cringe. Either way these egg muffins are so easy and if the words “meal prep” do not scare you, these are the perfect grab-n-go breakfast! What is great about these is that you could make 1/2 pork sausage and the other half chicken or bacon. Switch the cups up so you don’t get sick of whatever you made! See notes at the bottom of the page for freezer notes.
Prep: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15-18 minutes Yield: 12 egg muffins
- 1/2 lb Whole 30 (Sugar-free) Pork Sausage
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of spinach (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 11 eggs
- Italian Seasoning
- Parsley (chopped)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Place frying pan on medium high and place in pork sausage and break it apart
- Cook pork sausage until cook through and add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning
- Chop up peppers, onions, spinach, and mushrooms into small pieces
- Crack eggs and whisk together (add salt/pepper if you please)
- Spray EVOO generously onto your muffin pan
- Place veggies equally among the 12 cupcake tins
- Add pork sausage evenly into each tin
- Place egg mixture into each tin until almost full
- Use a fork to stir each of them up so the ingredients are equally mixed
- Place egg muffins in the oven for 15-18 minutes
- Remove egg muffins and let cool, and top with chopped parsley
- Enjoy! If you are looking to freeze some, see the note below.
Note: If you want to freeze the egg muffins, place them in a freezable bag and pull them out the night before if you want them for breakfast. Tip: when you reheat them, put a damp paper towel around them.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!