I am not the biggest fish person. I am very picky about the texture, how it is cooked, what it smells like…I am a weirdo, I know. But I have found a fail-proof way to make salmon that I have loved time and time again! It is by making salmon in the air fryer. It gets crispy, but flavorful, and cooks in less than 10 minutes. What’s better than that? Nick and I also like to make it on the grill or in the oven and you can find those directions in the notes at the bottom of the page if you do not own an air fryer!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 7 minutes Servings: 2 servings
- Salmon filet (Mine was about a foot long, 1 inch thick)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees
- Cut salmon filet in half
- Cut off skin of salmon (optional-you can eat it, I just do not prefer it)
- You can cut it off right away (a little harder to do) or wait until it is cooked and then cut it off
- Rub salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, and pinch of lemon juice into fish
- Place EVOO onto the tray of the air fryer so that the salmon does not stick
- Cook for 7 minutes
- Check to make sure it is cooked to your desired liking
- Plate however you please, squeeze lemon juice all over, and ENJOY!
- I enjoy placing mine on a Caesar salad loaded with avocado and paired with Tessemae’s Creamy Caesar dressing!
Note: If you are making the salmon on the grill, I like to wrap it in tinfoil and grill it for 15 minutes, check it and then grill it unwrapped (but still laying on foil) for another 3. Just watch because it all depends on the cut of your salmon!
Note: If you are making salmon in the oven, preheat oven to 450 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!