Sometimes we just want some creamy, thick, “cheesy” goodness but we know it isn’t the healthiest option for us. BUT, this creamy zoodle recipe hits that craving AND doesn’t make us feel guilty afterward. This meal is keto friendly, but I would watch as we use cashews in this recipe which does have a higher carb value. Join me below to make this creamy goodness!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Yields: 2 servings
- 2 cups of zucchini noodles (AKA zoodles)
- 3/4 cup of cashew cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup of pork sausage (sugar free if doing W30 or Paleo, Keto)
- 1 cup of spinach (chopped)
- 5 mushrooms (sliced)
- Nutritional Yeast (optional-nutritional yeast gives it a “cheesy” flavor)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Place 2 TBSP of EVOO into pan and throw in zucchini noodles and toss around
- Place 1 TBSP of ghee, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper into pan just to let the zoodles soften a tad
- Take zucchini noodles out of pan and place in separate bowl to let sit
- Place pork sausage into pan a break down into small pieces (like how taco meat looks)
- Drain excess grease and push meat to one side of the pan
- On the other side of the pan, place a 1/2 TBSP of ghee and throw in mushrooms and move around to let them caramelize
- Combine meat and mushrooms in the pan and then throw in cashew cream and slowly mix in chicken broth until your desired creaminess
- Place zoodles back into the pan and mix through
- Decide if the thickness of the sauce is adequate for you
- Lastly, add in spinach and a dash of nutritional yeast, mix it in
- Top with parsley & ENJOY!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!