Listen. I have tried to get on the cauliflower mash train, and I actually like it. But I haven’t perfected it yet, and it has gotten the boot from Nick, so I thought to myself, well, maybe I can make a healthier version of the mashed potatoes we know and love, without having to use cauliflower (for now until I nail that recipe)!
Fun fact: this recipe did NOT get the boot from Nick (he is like the Simon Cowell of food judging) and he actually said he would happily eat them again…which for those of you who know my guy, well, let’s just say he doesn’t deviate often from his common foods. I love him but he is a tough shell to crack, which means you know these are the real deal!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Yields: 4 servings
- 5 large red skin potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 5 TBSP of ghee
- 1/2-3/4 cup of cashew cream
- 1 TBSP of minced garlic
- Run boiling water in pot large enough to hold 5 red skin potatoes
- Once boiling, add salt and add potatoes to water and cover
- Let cook for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, drain water and remove the potatoes into the machine or the bowl you intend to mash them in.
- Mash the potatoes up to your desired thickness/chunkiness (I like mine a little chunkier)
- Place mashed potatoes back into the pot you boiled the potatoes in
- Place the stove on medium and add all of your other ingredients into the mashed potato mixture
- Blend until smooth
- You have to like what you are making so if you think it needs more liquid, add more. If you want them to be thicker, add a bit more cashew cream, but this recipe works for me and I think they are perfect!
- Top with parsley, serve with a yummy piece of steak of chicken, and some veggies.
Note: If you do not like cashew cream, you could try and use coconut milk or nutpods as a substitute
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!