I never really thought taco sauce was a necessary item to tacos or food items of that nature. I never really loved the taste of it. But, I have my all time favorite chicken tortilla soup recipe that calls for taco sauce, and I can definitely say that without taco sauce, the soup would not be as good. Therefore, I knew I had to make my own taco sauce that fit within my clean eating lifestyle so that I could not only make my delicious soup while on Whole 30, but I could find new uses of my new BFF, taco sauce!
- 13 oz of tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 TBSP of white vinegar
- 1 TBSP of cumin
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp of cayenne pepper (depends on personal taste)!
- Blend the tomato sauce and the white vinegar
- Place all the other spices and mix together until smooth
- Place in a jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and freeze for up to 4 months
Note: Leave out the cayenne pepper if you do not like spicy, otherwise it will be hot!!!
Note: Taco seasoning recipe can be found here.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!