As a college student, I am only cooking for one. Having a blog is quite difficult because I make these full-sized meals and have to eat them (because I hate wasting food). And while I love the food I make, I am not huge on leftovers or eating the same thing every single day. HOWEVER, I could eat this buffalo chicken casserole everyday of my life, and I did happily eat this everyday for a week when I made it. 🙂
This recipe has minimal ingredients but maximum flavor and that my friends is my favorite combination!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups of cauliflower rice defrosted and DRIED OUT WELL (I used Green Giant brand)
- EPIC Pink Himalayan Pork Rinds (ground them up in blender until breadcrumb consistency)
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce (I mixed Tessemae’s Mild Buffalo and Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1/4 cup of ranch dressing (I love Tessemaes Classic Ranch)
- 1/4 cup of cashew cream (raw cashews and water blended together)
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- Green Onions (chopped)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Optional: Nutritional Yeast
- Optional: 2 beat eggs
- I did not make mine with eggs. If you want a casserole that is more firm, then use an egg or two.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make sure your cauliflower rice is defrosted and then put it in a paper towel and squeeze to get out a lot of the extra moisture
- If you have the time, soak raw cashews for at least 1 hour in water (make sure the water just covers the cashews) then blend in a blender until thick and smooth
- If you DO NOT have time, you can just throw water and cashews into a blender and work on adding the right amount of cashews and water until thick and smooth
- Place cauliflower rice, chicken, celery, onions, hot sauce, ranch, cashew cream, nutritional yeast, and eggs (if you want to use them) into a bowl and mix together.
- Then generously coat 8×8 or 9×9 pan with EVOO
- Place mixture into pan and even out until smooth
- Place pan into oven for 30 minutes
- While pan is in the oven, chop up some green onion and avocado slices
- Take pan out and coat the top with ground up pork rinds
- Place back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes
- My oven cooks quickly so make sure it is to your desired crispiness, remove baking dish, and let cool
- Place green onions on top of the casserole and add avocado when you serve!
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SHARE IT WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE QUESTIONS, GIVE ME SOME LOVE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW! 🙂
This looks SO good!!!! Wonder if I could make it with meat substitutes? I’ll have to give it a shot!
Hi there! I have sat here and thought about it for a few minutes and if you are doing Whole 30, I think it would be delicious to add in chunks of squash and zucchini in place of chicken. If you are not doing Whole 30, I bet this would taste great with tofu or something like tempeh, though I personally have not tried it that way!