There is just something very comforting about meatloaf to me. It’s filling, it’s always packed with flavor, and it reminds me of dinner with my family. What I also love about meatloaf is the fact that you can make it on Sunday, or whatever day you meal prep, and have it for the week until you or your family needs it. Meatloaf to me is like that really reliable friend, it is always there when you need it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45-55 minutes Servings: 4-5
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of W30 Compliant Ketchup (I like Tessemaes Organic Ketchup)-this one is for the inside of the loaf
- 1/4 cup of W30 Compliant Ketchup (I like Tessemaes Organic Ketchup) – this one is for coating the top
- 3/4 cup of EPIC Himalayan Sea Salt Pork Rinds (ground up)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 TBSP of coconut aminos
- 1 TBSP of italian seasoning
- 1 TBSP of parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP of unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Set 1/4 cup of ketchup and pork rinds off to the side separately
- Place all other ingredients into a bowl and use your hands (or some other object like a potato masher) to mix up the batch.
- Then start mixing in pork rinds and add them until your mixture seems fairly solid when pressed into a loaf
- If it seems a little flimsy or not solid, you may need to add more pork rinds
- Line or spray a baking dish and place meatloaf inside
- Then, use the leftover ketchup and smooth it out on top of the loaf and cover with tin foil
- Bake for 30 minutes take off foil and cook for another 15-25 minutes
- Take loaf out of the oven, let cool, sprinkle with parsley, and serve!
I personally love meatloaf, and making a healthier version, that is pretty darn close to my momma’s recipe, makes my heart incredible warm! I hope you love this recipe and share it with your family for the years to come!
Note: You can definitely freeze your meatloaf. Just wrap it in foil, place in a freezer safe bag, and it should be good for up to four months!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!