I have a confession to tell you…..I am really not a big potato person. Most french fries, mashed potatoes, etc. do not really excite me (you’re judging me right now, I know I get it). I also very rarely ever eat fast food, but when I do, it is solely for some thin, crispy, salty french fries. Even though they taste like heaven in the moment, they end up making me feel bloated, guilty, and just not my best self. So I thought, “I wonder if I can make french fries that meet all my extensive criteria, but also make me feel good once I eat them.” Lo and behold, I figured it out, and am excited to share these crispy, potatoey-goodness with the rest of the world. These air fryer french fries take minimal effort and will leave you satisfied, without feeling gross.
Prep Time: 1 hour 20 min Cook Time: 15 minutes Yields: 6-8 servings
- 3 large russet potatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Scrub potatoes to ensure they are clean. Make sure to cut out any bruises and dead spots.
- Cut potato long-wise into desired thickness. Take those slices and cut into fry shape.
- Place potato slices (uncooked fries) into a large bowl and cover with water until all fries are completely covered. Leave soaking for 1 hour.
- Drain potato slices and pat them dry REALLY WELL!
- Wash and dry the bowl and then place dried potato slices into bowl.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Douse fries in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Drizzle air fryer with EVOO and place fries into air fryer without overlapping any.
- Cook for 13-16 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Remove from air fryer, put them in a bowl, place whatever seasoning you want on them, and shake them around to equally distribute seasoning.
- You are most likely going to have to do these in batches so turn your oven to 250 degrees and throw the warm ones onto a baking sheet and place in the oven until all fries are done. If you have a cooling rack, I suggest placing that on the baking sheet, and then placing the fries on top of the cooling rack to keep them crispy!
- Dip those puppies in your favorite sauce and ENJOY!!!!!
- Tessemae’s has a W30 approved ranch, ketchup, honey mustard, and mayo!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!