This recipe may look daunting, but it’s actually pretty easy and most definitely savory. These Swedish Meatballs are packed with so many flavors and they have the creamiest sauce. These would be awesome for an easy weeknight dinner OR popped onto toothpicks for a crowd pleasing appetizers or game day snack! Check out the recipe below and make sure to leave any questions you may have in the comments below! Happy cooking! 🙂
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20-30 minutes Yields: ~24 small meatballs
- 1lb ground beef (I like 94/6 or 93/7)
- 1/4 of a yellow onion
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped finely
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1-2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP of parsley
- 6 TBSP of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock (Walmart has a great Whole 30 chicken stock in their Great Value)
- 3 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP of ghee
- 3 TBSP of almond flour
- 1 TBSP of arrowroot powder (if you do not have this, no worries, your sauce just won’t be very thick – I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 cups of beef broth (Walmart’s Great Value brand is W30 compliant)
- 1/2 cup of cashew cream (made by blending cashews and water together until thick, creamy, and smooth)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (if you are doing Whole 30, check your labels)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (just the white condensed part, not the remaining clear liquid – I use Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tsp of coconut aminos (I use Coconut Secret’s Coconut Aminos)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 3 TBSP of parsley (can be dried or fresh but make sure it’s chopped finely)
- For meatballs: mix almond flour and chicken broth together and let sit for 5 minutes.
- For meatballs: Then combine all other ingredients for meatballs (aside from olive oil) and mix together until evenly mixed.
- Place frying pan on medium heat and drizzle the 3 TBSP of olive oil on the pan.
- Form meatballs into 1-2 inch balls and place them on heated pan.
- Cook each side for 3-4 minutes, or until nicely browned on the entire outside (may take up to 10 minutes).
- Remove meatballs from the an and place them to the side
- Reduce the heat of the stove to medium-low heat
- Melt ghee and then whisk the almond flour until it becomes golden brown-like.
- Slowly add in the bone broth and whisk it in until it thickens up the mixture a bit.
- Then, add in coconut milk, cashew cream, and almond milk, coconut aminos, salt and pepper.
- Keep stirring until it’s well-combined and thickens.
- Add in arrowroot powder to thicken up the sauce.
- Turn the heat back up to medium/medium high and add meatballs back into the mixture turning them every few minutes to coat them.
- I would let them simmer and sit in the sauce for 10-15 minutes for full flavor potential.
- Pop on some parsley, serve, and ENJOY!
Note: If you are not doing Whole 30, feel free to use all-purpose flour instead of almond flour, Worcestershire sauce instead of coconut aminos, heavy cream instead of (almond milk, cashew cream, & coconut milk), and butter instead of ghee.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. 🙂
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!