I was walking around Trader Joe’s last night and I saw portabella mushrooms. I was sending them heart eyes, they were sending me heart eyes, so I picked them up and bought them. This morning, I meal-prepped them (one for today’s lunch and one for tomorrow’s) and I shared some pictures with my team members for a fitness challenge I am doing. Then someone told me it was national stuffed mushrooms day….and I was like wait what? You are probably thinking to yourself, “Taylor, that cannot be a coincidence.” But I assure you friends, it really was, and I am not mad about it. These stuffed mushrooms are packed with flavor, veggies, and #health. They make a super easy, under 30 minute dinner that everyone will enjoy! Oh, and, happy #nationalstuffedmushroomday !
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Yields: 2 stuffed mushrooms
- 12 oz or 3/4 cup lean ground beef
- 2 slices of sugar free bacon
- 2 portabella mushrooms (washed)
- 2 grape tomatoes
- Handful of spinach or lettuce
- 2 TBSP of yellow onion
- 2 TBSP of nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or if on W30 or Paleo -use cashew cream)
- Cashew cream is just cashews and water mixed together until creamy , thick, and smooth
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 TBSP of ground up pork rinds (I like EPIC’s Pink Himalayan Salt)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash portabella mushrooms and brush with EVOO, salt and pepper
- Place stem side down in oven for 10 minutes
- Place EVOO in pan and place ground beef in pan on medium high and cook until brown
- While ground beef is cooking, place bacon in microwave (or in another pan) and cook until desired crispiness.
- Chop onion, tomato, lettuce, and bacon
- Place onion, tomato, lettuce, bacon, ground beef, yogurt, and seasonings into a mixing bowl and stir until evenly mixed
- Take out mushrooms from onions and place mixture evenly across both mushrooms
- Sprinkle pork rinds on top of mushrooms and place back into oven for another 5-10 minutes
- Remove from oven, plate with some veggies, and ENJOY!
These are extremely easy and packed with flavor. You cannot go wrong with meal prepping these bad boys, serving them for dinner, or for a party! I hope you enjoy them and let me know in the comments below if you do!
Note: If you are doing Whole 30 OR Paleo be sure to use an alternative to yogurt, like cashew cream.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. 🙂
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!