Part of me finds it a little unfair to call this a “recipe” as it quite possibly is the easiest thing to throw together. But, they are pretty and taste delicious so I figured I would share it. These buffalo chicken lettuce cups are simple, but they are mouthwatering good and are sure to wow your family or friends. They are also incredibly budget friendly and allow you to serve large crowds without breaking the bank! I also love the versatility of them. You are welcome to add other yummy items to this recipe. I made this recipe during quarantine and was using only what I had on hand, and nothing more.
The prep and cook time depends on how you prepare your chicken. I personally love to make my chicken in the crockpot. I made this recipe by using crockpot chicken. However, cooking it in the crockpot could take all day. If you are in a time crunch you could use a pressure cooker (I have the Ninja Foodi Deluxe), or you could bake it in the oven, or on the stove. See the notes at the end of this post for cooking times for each of these methods.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: Crockpot: 3 hours high/7 hours low (see notes for other methods) Serving Size: 3 (total of 6 lettuce cups)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1-1 1/2 cup of Tessemae’s Mild Buffalo Sauce (or any W30 compliant hot sauce)
- 1/2 – 1 cup of Tessemae’s Classic Ranch (or any W30 compliant ranch)
- 6 pieces of butter lettuce
- 1 cup of red onion
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper
- Toss the chicken breasts into half of the hot sauce listed above and then place into the crockpot on high for 3 hours or on low for 7 hours. (see notes for alternative cooking methods).
- You have some choices here… you can prep your other ingredients or you can wait until your chicken is done. It is up to you.
- Shred carrots, chop red onion, and wash/pat dry your butter lettuce.
- When the chicken is done cooking, carefully shred it up with two forks.
- Place the butter lettuce on your plate. Add the chicken, ranch, hot sauce, onions, and carrots across all of the lettuce cups.
- Share with your family and friends (or don’t 😉 ) and enjoy!
Notes: Cooking chicken breasts
InstaPot or Ninja Foodi: Pressure cook for 20 minutes and natural release for 15
Oven: Cook chicken breasts on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes on 350 degrees or until there is no pink or they have an internal temperature of 165 degrees
Stovetop: In a non-stick pan, cook chicken breasts on medium/medium-high until there is no pink or until they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!