I am all about fresh, light, and delicious. This Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers recipe is that recipe. These shrimp have an extremely quick prep time, quick grill time, and a quick eat time (because you will inhale them)! Minimal work, maximum flavor…the only way I cook really!
These shrimp will be seasoned with all of the good stuff. We start with chili powder then we add garlic powder, some salt, some pepper, and top it off with some fresh lime juice and the BEST Sweet Chili Sauce from Yai Thai’s Kitchen! I bought my shrimp from Thrive Market, and they were already on skewers. Don’t have skewers? Feel free to marinate your shrimp in the mixture above (measurements at the bottom of the page). If you would like to use skewers, feel free to use any kind. If you are grilling your shrimp skewers or making them in the oven or stove top, and they are wood, make sure you soak them in water for at least 30 minutes. If you do not, there is a strong possibility they will catch on fire and AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 4-6 minutes Yield: 60 shrimp
- 60 peeled and de-veined raw shrimp
- 3-4 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP salt
- 2 TBSP garlic poweder
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP black pepper
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup of Yai Thai’s Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to high or preheat stovetop to medium high.
- If your shrimp did not come already on a skewer, place all of your shrimp into a large mixing bowl. If they did come already on a skewer, feel free to lay them out of a cutting board or on a tray.
- Add all ingredients into the bowl (except the Sweet Chili Sauce) and mix until even (you could even marinate them for an hour or so if you want the flavor to soak in). Only use about 3/4 of the juice from the lime. If your shrimp are already on skewers, lay them out and sprinkle each ingredient on the shrimp skewers until evenly coated.
- Place shrimp on grill or in frying pan on the stove. Cook shrimp 2-3 minutes each side or until pink/opaque.
- Take shrimp off grill or stovetop and place on serving plate.
- Drizzle Yai Thai’s Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce over the shrimp and use any remaining lime juice you have available over the shrimp.
- Serve with rice and veggies or by themselves!
My Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers really do come together quickly with simple, clean ingredients. These would make a great appetizer or entree for a quick summer dinner! I hope you enjoy my newest recipe!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT WITH ME @TASTEITWITHTAYLOR ON INSTAGRAM. IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!